Seriously friends—there are so many awesome things on for New Year’s Eve in and around the County that I actually can’t decide where to go this year. Check out this back-to-back of some of the hottest options in PEC for that last superfun night of the old year—and please let me know where you’re headed!
Flame + Smith
Highlights // Damnit, we love this place. With the genius Chef Hidde on the best food ever, Duarte on beats, and a shuttle to F+S from Picton or Wellington, this NYE party is at the top of our list.
- 4-course chef’s menu with 6 dishes including a Seafood Platter to share, Charred Leaves Salad, Grilled King Brown Mushroom, and Terrine de Campagne to share, Porchetta and Triple Chocolate Cake (Vegetarian and Pescatarian options available).
- $65/person for early bird seating or $79/person for New Year’s Eve seating (tip: late seating gets table ownership all night and a glass of bubbles!)
- Dance floor opens at 10:30pm (tickets for dance party only are $10)
- DJ Press Play (aka. Duarte Da Silva)
- Shuttle to/from Picton + Wellington
Resos // Limited tickets. Call 613.393.1006
Midtown Brewing Co
Wellington, The Midtown
Highlights // The Midtown is our spot. The people are awesome—on both sides of the bar, straight-up, no-nonsense, top-drawer $10 dishes from Chef Neil Dowson, and 90s hip-hop dance party wins everything.
- Be Here: 8pm – 1am
- $10 a ticket (includes a glass of sparkling)
- $10 late night menu including Dirty fries (guac, salsa, cheese wizz), Midtown Cheeseburger (13km beef, shrettuce, big mac sauce), Chickpea Coconut Curry (w/cashews, garlic flatbread), Croque Madame (grilled cheese w/ham-fried eggs), and Chicken Tikka Poutine (w/house fried, curds, chicken gravy)
- 90s Hip-hop Dance Party.
Resos // Limited tickets. Pre-purchase at Midtown Brewery only (and no entry night of)
Bloomfield Public House
Highlights // Party with Laura and Elliot at their gorgeous new spot. Get your party on with live music, $5 drinks, unlimited very delish bites all night and a promise of “shenanigans and surprises.”
- $65 for a 5-course tasting menu + $35 with wine. Menu: Amuse bouche, Lobster Eclair, Sweetbread & Foie Gras Terrine, Pine Mushroom Pot-au-Feu, Rare Seared Squab Breast, and Petit Fours
- Seatings at 5pm & 7:15pm
- And/Or $30 for A Night in Spain, Live music, arrival cocktail, tapas & pintxos, sparkling wine at midnight and dancing
- Party starts at 10pm
Resos // Limited tickets. Call 613.393.9292 or email [email protected]
The County Canteen
Picton, The Canteen
Highlights // The Canteen is known for having a classic, fun New Year’s Eve bash, but this year they’re taking it to the next level and bringing some improv and sketch comedy greats into the mix.
- $69 for 3-course meal by Chef Sean
- Menu includes selections from Smoked Potato Bisque, Braised Winter Radish, Roasted Bone Marrow, Lamb Liver Pate, Beef Wellington, Braised Pork Croquette, Slow-Smoked Whitefish, Umami Vegan Steak, Gingerbread Spiced Cake, Eggnog Cream Pie, Peanut Butter Choc Pie, and Flourless Pink Raspberry Champagne Cake.
- The County’s artisanal comedy troupe, TASTE THAT! w/special guests The Lusty Mannequins
- Seatings at 7.30pm and 8pm for dinner
- Comedy show starts at 9pm
- $55 tickets for early seating at 5.30 and 6pm w/kids menu available
Resos // Call 613.476.6663
Karlo Estates Winery
Basically this option involves a huge dance party in the amazing wine lounge of a gorgeous old barn with great wine, an all-night-long “moving feast” of plant-based culinary treats, and the absolute best host—Sherry Karlo.
- Party like it’s 1899 with the best of house dance music in a 1805 barn.
- $50/ticket and cash wine bar
- 5-courses of passed hors d’oeuvres and canapés including plant-based delights such as stuffed mushrooms, hearts of palm puffs, baked artichoke squares w/ sun dried tomato pesto, avocado toast points, hummus on cucumber disks w/ smoked paprika, cashew cheeses w/ water crackers, black olives, spiced walnuts, black lentil “caviar”, skewers of cherry tomatoes w/ fresh basil and almond “mozzarella” drizzled w/ balsamic reduction and dessert bar.
- Party favours, noisemakers, and a sparkling midnight toast.
- Dress casually or dress up, but get your Canadian on with lots of “on & off again” layers as you heat up from dancing and cool down when taking in the night air.
- The Wine Lounge and bathrooms are heated and cozy.
Jackson Falls Country Inn
Milford, Jackson Falls
Highlights // Chef Michael Potter returns to the kitchen at Jackson Falls for a NYE feast. This will be great.
Deets // www.jacksonsfalls.com
The Lark Wine Bar
Belleville, The Lark
Highlights // The Lark is just over the bridge in DTBV (aka. downtown Belleville), but the owner Alex, is a former County barman (Drake Dev) who has partnered with awesome winemaker Mackenzie Brisbois at Trail Estate Winery to pair some of her truly brilliant wine with a menu designed in collab w/ one of the County’s best, Chef Matt Demille in a celebration of friends and neighbours.
- 4-courses paired with some of Mackenzie’s coolest wines—some that aren’t even available to buy.
- $50/head for dinner including sparkling pinot noir on arrival. $95 dinner with winemaker pairings.
- Menu includes shared Mezze of sourdough, hummus, warm olives and truffled salami w/ Blanc Nouveau, Fennel Salad and Steak Tartare w/Skin-contact Barrel-aged Riesling, Gnocchi w/Chardonnay, Braised Beef Rib w/Foxcroft Cab Franc, Cheesecake & Brownie w/Red Pet Nat
- Seating at 8pm (an earlier seating may be added)
Reso // Limited tickets available at thelark.ca and on location (in advance only)
Signal Brewing Company
Highlights // Stretching the County’s borders even further off-shore—we had to add Signal Brewery’s NYE party to the list, just because we in The County love these guys a lot. So, our final New Year’s contender is the “NYE Plaid a Toque & a BEER Parrty 2” (sic lol). Other highlights include a ping-pong tourney, strongest man keg lift, strongest woman keg lift, dance-off contest, giant ball drop at midnight, bonfires & smores, snowshoe races, keg toss, tug-of-war, and prizes for the greatest everything.
- Tickets are $40
- Admission price gets you into both Signal & Henry’s venues, a 16oz beer token, complimentary food stations all over Signal and Henry’s.
- $5 shots all night
- Grab your favourite plaid shirt and a toque because “it’s gobsmack cold outside”, so no fancy clothes or slippery shoes recommended.
- The NYE Plaid a Toque & a Beer Parrty 2 is inside and outside at Signal Brewing Company and Henry’s next door…
- Three cool bands playing indoors include Long Range Hustle, Enrights, and Sleezer (the best Weezer cover band this close to PEC)
- And a shuttle $5/ride (details to come)
Resos // Tickets available at signal.beer