It’s coming—New Year’s Eve in Prince Edward County. Last year we agonized about which party to choose and finally decided to head to Midtown Brewery, which was serious stuff and crazy awesome—though the next morning, our hungover brains did manage to process some great stories about other venues. Back to the brewery, at the stroke of midnight, old friends and new clinked together old school plastic champagne cups full of bubbly, screaming “Happppyyy Newwww Yearrrr” into the crowd. Few of us noticed that the bases had all detached and fallen off of the bottoms of our drinks and the resulting hilarity was without parallel and will never be replicated.
This year, we’re going to get next level and and try to get to a few more of the amazing NYE spots in the County because, damn it, why should we just choose one?! So for the second year running, here’s a back-to-back of some of the hottest options in PEC for that last great night of the old year!
Flame + Smith: Dine and Dance
Highlights // It’s Flame + Smith’s second year running and we love this beautiful restaurant and its talented people with all our hearts. With the genius Chef Hidde on the best food ever, our friend Duarte on beats, Cam on wine, Evan on cocktails and Rodney on Oysters—this NYE party is at the top of our list.
- Chef’s menu (Vegetarian + Pescatarian options available).
- $60/person for early bird seating
- $89/person for New Year’s Eve seating (Tip: late seating gets table ownership all night + a glass of bubbles!)
- Dance floor opens at 11:00 pm (just show up + dance, no ticket necessary!)
- DJ Press Play aka. The Notorious Duarte, will play in the New Year!
Resos // Limited tickets. Call 613.393.1006
Midtown Brewing Co: Good Brews, Live Tunes + Sweet Moves
Wellington, The Midtown
Midtown is the best. They do NYE like they do everything else: authentic + cool. If you’re looking for a slice of that wicked good Wellington vibe—it’s a bet you’ll find it here along with craft beer, chef crafted snacks, all the friends, and the best damn band this side of heaven.
- Be Here: 8pm–1am
- $15 a ticket (includes a glass of sparkling)
- Bubbles and Late Night Snacks included in ticket.
- Legionauts Dance Party: Annelise, Stew, Trev, Chris, Dave, Pierre & Friends
Resos // Limited tickets. Pre-purchase at Midtown Brewery only (and no entry night of)
La Condesa: Dinner + Tequila Tasting
Wellington, La Condesa PEC
If you haven’t been to Condi yet, please honey, don’t dawdle. This restaurant is straight up one of the best in the County. The food is fresh, authentic, and stunningly beautiful with big, lovely flavours made with that genius combo of heart and skill that Sam and Riz are known for. And still, the prices are totally PEC 10 years ago. The cocktails are magnificent and can be enjoyed in quantity. Not exaggerating, we find ourselves close to tears with joy after every meal there. This is Condi’s first year and first NYE event, but we’d bet the farm that the energy will be incredible, the food and tasting will be remarkable, and it will be a magical experience.
- $50 Ticket
- Includes a special 3-course dinner, tequila tasting flight + margarita cheers at midnight
- DJ after 10pm.
Resos // To reserve your spot, email [email protected]
The Drake Dev: Strolling Dinner + Fireworks
Wellington, The Drake
It’s a fact that these guys throw some pretty special events. We’ve been to a gajillion of them and we’re still reeling from the awesomeness of the last “strolling dinner” at this past February’s Barn Burner event. Wo when we got the invite to this 2020 Twenties Themed New Year’s Eve edition—we were more than a bit stoked for the foooood and the viewwwws! Oh yeah, they’ll also be throwing a magnificent light show on the lake at midnight. Don’t miss this.
- $55 Early Seating (From 5pm): 3-Course Farm-to-Table dining experience
- $85 Late Seating (9-11pm): A Strolling Dinner + Party Entry
- $25 Late Entry to the Party (11pm): Available at the Door
- DJ + Dancing—well into the night
- Lakeside Fireworks at Midnight!
Resos // Reserve on OpenTable
The County Canteen: Karaoke Partyyy
Picton, The Canteen
Highlights // The County Canteen steps up for everything. You can always depend on them being open late night, hosting something wonderful, standing up for a cause and just generally bringing the fun. We love Natalie and Drew. We also seriously love karaoke. The bringing together of these things on a special night like this sounds like an explosive recipe for good, clean, casual, raucous, hard partying.
- No Cover!
- Resos for any size party
- Bookings from 5pm or earlier for NYE family parties
- NYE Specials + Regular Menu available
Resos // Call 613.476.6663 to book your table.
Merrill House: French Dining + Fine Wine
Sometimes a dance party is what you’re after, but sometimes ringing in the New Year with beautiful food and seriously amazing wine is the best way to celebrate. Cut out the noise, sit in the beautiful award-winning cellar and savour the beautiful tastes of the County.
- $195 per person
- Six-course tasting menu with crafted PEC and Old World wine pairings included
- Taste through the whole menu of Head Chef Michael Sullivan’s favourite dishes
- Let me just say: foie gras, sea scallops, beef tenderloin, and almond dacquoise—to whet your appetite (full menu here)
The Grange Winery: Get Fireside w/ The Fam
Hillier, The Grange
Partying big on New Years is awesome, but it’s also pretty awesome to ring in the new year with the small humans we love. And where better to do it than the Grange Winery, definitely for sure one of the most beautiful spots in the County. Any time they host anything, it’s worth going even just for the views. The vibe there is very classic hols: something between rustic barn and trad chalet. Sitting by the fire and sipping a glass of Chard or Pinot with an insanely delish County Pasty in hand, watching the kids roast s’mores on the big roaring fire seems, well….basically the best early New Years’ Eve imaginable.
- Open 11-5
- Wine tastings
- Fireside pasties, mulled wine and S’mores for the kids
- Mini Holiday Market with beautifully curated hostess gifts + traditional method sparkling gift sets
Resos // Not necessary, but you can contact them ahead to put some pasties on for you!
The Back Room: A Roaring Whoopie Spot
Picton, Yum Club
This spot is new, low pro, and super underground. We’ve only been inside once when they opened for some after hours jazz this summer and the vibe was dark, intimate and just amazing. Since then, we’ve heard talk about a cool reno and seen some hand-to-hand flyers going around, spilling the beans about an authentic Twenties-era inspired party and space launch. We get that buzzing feeling that this party is going to be really really good and a little bit password protected, with plenty Gin Rickeys and Old Fashioneds to go around.
- Tickets $35 in advance or $45 at the door
- Be Here: 8pm–1am
- $5 bubbles
- 20s Themed-Nibbles at 10pm
- Get dressed up—prize for best costume
- A countdown playlist with the most danceable songs from each era ending with ‘The Charleston’ at midnight.
Resos // Limited tickets. Pre-purchase at Yum Club or here
Bloomfield Public House: A Night Of Classics
Highlights // Party with Laura + Elliot at the oh-so-pretty and delicious Public House. This venue is so gorgeous, the food is made in-house, local and inspired, the hospitality is warm and the wine list is just perfect. This is the exact spot you’ve been looking for if you want a lively, but intimate New Years’ Eve vibe with good feels, beautiful fare, and the perfect chance to make shapes with a good group after dark.
- $75 tickets
- 6pm + 8:30pm seatings
- Include arrival cocktail, oysters + caviar, 4-course family style menu for two (wine pairings available)
- Dance it up to sweet retro tunes
Resos // Limited tickets, email [email protected]
Belleville, The Lark
Highlights // The Lark is just over the bridge in DTBV (aka. downtown Belleville), but the owner Alex, is a former County barman (Drake Dev) who has partnered with a number of County superstars at The Lark since launching. Watch the wine list for some special stuff and check out the view of the County from the other side of the BOQ.
- Only 24-tickets available for this intimate dinner
- First 8 tickets sold will be $60 each ($100 paired!) —Edit: aww heck, $60 for all 24!
- 4-courses paired with superstar County wines, from Trail Estate to Morandin to Closson Chase to who knows where Alex will take it!
- Seatings from 6pm (to get you to Cue The Funk’s NYE countdown at the Belleville Club)
- Local & Natural Wine/Cider/Spirit pairings, full bar too
- Bar Seats available for Cocktails/NYE snacks!
Reso // Limited tickets available at thelark.ca and on location (in advance only)